Utterly Unbearable

5:45 pm, Exit 1.

A text no one responded.

Wind chill. People passing by.

Waiting is not a terrible thing. What's horrifying is what you're waiting for.

You don't know what you're going to see, or whether you'll see anything.

Standing behind the tree. Hide and seek. Me and the wind.


6:15 pm, Exit 1.

A call no one answered.

Tiny rain drops. Coat buttoned up. Sweater boots on my feet.

Damp hair. Cold toes. Freezing hands.

Men looked at me with curiosity, women with neglect.

Wind chill diminished. For a moment, I felt warm.

Patience. Smile. Waiting.


6:45 pm, Exit 2.

Call returned. Heart shattered.

The wind found me. No where to hide.


7:00 pm, Exit 2.

Distant. Detached. Unfamiliar.

And that, my dear. That's what makes the waiting and the wind chill and the cold so...

So utterly unbearable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

【宣傳】reasons to be pretty, 7/10-12, 學校咖啡

廣東大戲

Brandy's Wedding